Super Bowl Snacks--Easy Chicken Taco Ring
There's a big game on Sunday. What that means for some of us is snacks!!!
We cooked up a few goodies for you to add to your Super Bowl Snacking.
Easy Chicken Taco Ring
- 2 ½ cups grilled chicken tenders, cubed
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons Weaver’s Taco/Burrito Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped organic yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon Real salt
- Non-stick Organic coconut or extra virgin olive oil cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- 2 (8 oz) tubes Organic crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- Salsa for serving
- Organic Valley Sour cream thinned with water, for serving
- Dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Stir together the cubed grilled chicken breast tenders, salsa, Taco/Burrito seasoning, garlic clove, chopped onion, and Real salt.
- Coat the baking sheet with the cooking spray. Unroll both cans of crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. Place a 5-inch ramekin in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Arrange the triangles in a ring around the ramekin so the short sides of the dough are touching the ramekin, overlapping slightly, and pointed ends are facing outward (it should look like a giant sun).
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the shortest ends of the triangle closest to the ramekin. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken. Remove the ramekin. Grab the pointed end of the triangle and fold it up over the filling and tuck the tip under the bottom edge of the dough to secure (the dough will not cover the filling completely). Repeat with the rest of the triangles (Don’t worry if there are some gaps where you can see the chicken mixture).
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted, approximately 25 minutes.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with dried parsley flakes for garnish if desired. Cool 15 minutes and slide the ring from the pan with a spatula onto a serving platter. Drizzle with thinned sour cream and serve with salsa.