Super Bowl Snacks--Chips with Chunky Tomato Salsa, Mild Queso Dip & Dan's Delicious Guacamole.
More Super Bowl Snacks!
Don't you like having choices? We are giving you three choices for dipping!!
Chips with Chunky Tomato Salsa, Mild Queso Dip & Dan's Delicious Guacamole.
Chunky Tomato Salsa
Makes approx. 4 cups
- 3 ½ cup tomatoes, chunked
- 1 large organic green pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Healthier Options Sweet Mix
- 3 teaspoons Real salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Taco/Burrito Seasoning
- 1 (6 oz can) organic tomato paste
- ⅓ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Organic lemon juice
- In a large saucepan combine the first 7 ingredients. Stir in the tomato paste, organic apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for approximately 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Mild Queso Dip
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon non-GMO cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons organic butter, salted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ small organic yellow onion, chopped (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 13 oz organic half & half or organic evaporated milk
- 1 (8 oz.) Organic Valley cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Weaver’s Taco/Burrito Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- A pinch of dried or fresh parsley leaves, optional (to garnish)
- Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent but not browned, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, including juices, and cook for 2 minutes or until the tomato is slightly softened.
- Add the evaporated milk or half and half, organic cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir and add taco/burrito seasoning and Himalayan pink salt.
- Stir constantly until the cheese melts and becomes silky smooth.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or at room temperature. It will be soft and scoopable even when it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator. It will become more the consistency of a cheese spread when it is cooled. It can be reheated to serve if desired.
Dan's Delicious Guacamole Recipe appears in our 2021 Winter Healthier Choice Catalog. If you haven't received your copy, you can call 1-800-215-4372 or follow this link to sign -up.