Hot Chocolate Bombs
Hot Chocolate Bombs have been everywhere lately, so we decided to put our healthy spin on them!!
Using healthier choices to create this trendy treat was a blast for us!
We made grown-up version
Here is our recipe:
Healthy Hot Chocolate Bombs
-Makes 6 bombs
Hot Chocolate Bomb
- 20 oz coconut sugar chocolate chips
- Approximately 3 teaspoons ganache
- Dandy’s mini marshmallows, mint chip Smashmallows, sugar-free Maxmallows
- 6-8 oz hot milk
- To make the ganache heat the heavy whipping cream and add vanilla extract. Turn off heat just before it starts to simmer. Add in the coconut sugar chocolate chips and let the chocolate chips melt. Stir until smooth. Set it aside to cool.
- To make the bombs melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave and stir until it is smooth. (We suggest melting on the stovetop for a healthier version.)
- Evenly divide the melted chocolate in the 12 silicone molds making sure the chocolate is evenly spread over the sides. Chill in the refrigerator or freezer to fully harden.
- Peel away the chocolate mold.
- Melt the edges of the chocolate slightly and quickly add ganache and marshmallows then seal 2 together. Let it harden to seal together. Be careful not to squeeze the bomb too hard as the chocolate is fragile. Decorate the melted chocolate with sprinkles.
- Add a single bomb in a cup and top with steaming hot milk and watch your bomb ‘explode’. Stir and enjoy! :)