Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
From Dr. Axe
One of the most popular treats, of course, is chocolate cake. Whether it’s for a birthday party, an after-dinner dessert or just a way to satisfy a sweet tooth, you really can’t go wrong with this amazing Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake rather than one with shortening or white flour or — even worse — from a boxed mix.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 spiced chocolate frosting recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Mix flour, sugar, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add coconut milk, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Distribute batter evenly between cake pans and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cook through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from cake pans.
- Spread cold frosting evenly over one cake and then stack other. Cover with frosting again and serve.
What about that Chocolate Frosting?
Total Time: 5 minutes
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Paleo
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk or hand held power blender until smooth consistency is achieved.
Cake Recipe: © 2019. Used by permission of Dr Axe. This article can be found at https://draxe.com/recipes/gluten-free-chocolate-cake/
Chocolate Frosting Recipe: © 2019. Used by permission of Dr Axe. This article can be found at https://draxe.com/recipes/chocolate-frosting-recipe/