Can a cleanse help with seasonal Allergies?
The trees have begun to bloom and the flowers are finding their way to
Surface. Spring has sprung, and everything has begun to awaken from the cold winter.
Spring is the time of year where many people like myself look forward to the new changes mother nature has in store for us.
However, for some people, spring not only brings budding trees and blooming flowers, but seasonal allergies.
For those who begin to feel the affect of increased pollen in the air, it can be a miserable time of the year!
What causes allergies?
Allergies are the result of an imbalance in the immune system that causes the body to react too strongly to a stimuli.
Seasonally allergies, or Rhinitis, is commonly referred to as hay fever that affects many people worldwide.
When your body has any allergy to pollen, your immune system reacts to the pollen as invaders or allergens. This puts your immune system into overdrive by producing antibodies called, Immunoglobulin E. These antibodies then travel to cells that release chemicals, thus causing an allergic reaction.
Symptoms of allergies
For some people, they may experience one or several symptoms at the same time. Symptoms of allergies can be any of the following:
-itchy nose, throat, eyes, mouth and or ears
The allergic reactions listed above are most commonly caused by mold spores and pollen in the air, that creates a chain reaction in the immune system.
Can where you live and the weather have an effect on allergies?
Absolutely! Contrary to what some people believe, moving to a different area of the country may not lessen symptoms. Many types of pollen and molds are common in most plant zones. In some cases, you may be likely to find that there are new allergens to react to when moving to a new environment.
Natural ways of dealing with allergies
Taking over the counter medications when the body is trying to combat allergies, only disturbs the natural process and Ph balance of our body’s immune system. Prescription medications only alleviate/hide the underlying cause(s). So, before reaching for over the counter medication, here are some natural suggestions to try.
• Garlic. A natural antibiotic that helps fight infections, and allergens. Raw garlic, eaten daily helps fight off all types of allergies because it boosts the immune system immensely!
• Apple cider vinegar. Organic raw apple cider vinegar is used for numerous medicinal purposes, helps to boost the immunity, promotes alkalinity and Ph balance of the body, thus making it a great natural remedy to ward off all types of allergies. To use: Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed
• Raw Local Honey. Raw honey contains bee pollen, which is known to ward off allergies, infections and boost immunity. By eating raw honey that comes from the flowers in your neighborhood will help your immunity to the pollen allergies where you live.
• Neti pot and Saline Rinse. A neti pot filled with a sterile saline solution to flush the sinuses to help combat allergies and irritations. To use: A pre made saline rinse can be made by dissolving 1 teaspoon of himalayan or sea salt in a quart of boiled distilled water. Allow to completely cool and put into Neti pot. Pour through one nostril and let it drain out the other.
• Lemons. Lemons and limes are an excellent way to boost the immune system along with helping the body detoxify and get rid of its impurities. Adding lemons to your purified water throughout the day is a great way to get the extra boost your immune system needs.
• Butterbur. A big leafy green plant that is a native to Europe has been used for generations to help alleviate allergies, asthma, stomach ulcers and much more!
• Probiotics. Studies suggest: the link of presence of beneficial bacteria in the gut with the reduction of incidence of allergies. Emerging evidence also concludes that a mother’s gut bacteria during pregnancy and nursing can greatly impact children’s likelihood of getting allergies throughout life. A diet that includes fermented foods and drinks such as, kefir or kombucha and a quality probiotic can also be helpful in supplying the gut with healthy bacteria.
How can cleansing help with allergies?
The respiratory system and colon is thought to be directly related to one another, making the colon the first place to start. When you cleanse, the system begins to rebuild itself with the help from good nutrition and herbs, thus the body will rid itself of the allergens. When dealing with long-standing health problems, we cannot expect to cleanse or cure the body of chronic conditions within one or three-day cleansing routines. In Dr. Christopher’s, “Three day cleansing program Mucusless Diet and Herbal Combinations” he suggests the following:
Upon rising, take 1-2 capsules of the Lower Bowel Formula. This is repeated 1 hour before lunch and again before going to bed. (If there is an absence in bowel movements, increase dosage by a capsule per day, until you are having 3 regular bowel movements.
Take 3 Kidney Formula capsules mid-morning and again mid-afternoon.
It is suggested that this routine is followed for six days, resting on the seventh day.
On the second week, resume the suggested amounts above, adding two droppers of the Liver and Gallbladder Extract twenty minutes before each meal. This is done again for six days, resting on the seventh day.
After taking these three cleansing formulas for 2 weeks, and then on the fourth week, add 2 capsules of the Blood Stream Formula one hour after each meal. This is done for six days, then resting on the seventh. By delaying this formula, it allows a pathway of elimination for the elimination for the ensuing toxins loosened by the Blood Stream Formula when in the beginning of the program we are opening the elimination channels of the body.
This procedure would continue every week for six weeks, then rest for one week. Repeat these intervals for six months and then rest for one entire month. After a seven month program, an assessment is done to determine if another seventh month process would be beneficial.
To overcome allergies, it is best to clean up the body and stop putting unhealthy substances into your system. Getting plenty of fresh air, a clean, healthy diet along with plenty of pure water, helps provide us with what the body needs in order to bring itself back into balance to help fight off the allergies we are suffering from.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. Used with permission from author: Erika Laudon